The firmware of the Lenovo P770 smartphone is not a complicated process. First you need to download the Lenovo P770 firmware, which can be found on the official website. One of the fairly stable versions is ROW_113_130424.
It is on the Android 4.1 operating system. This firmware version appeared on April 24, 2013. There are also variations of modified or custom versions of the smartphone firmware.
For example, LeWa OS 4.1.2 RUS (Custom ROM), Foxtrot (Custom ROM) and Injector P770 (based ROW_113). For those who are flashing a smartphone for the first time, it is recommended to read the article How to flash Lenovo using FlashTool.
Lenovo P770 smartphone firmware – preparation
- Install the drivers on the computer to connect the device.
- Charge the battery to 100%.
- Prepare a USB cable, preferably a small size.
- It is desirable to carry out the firmware via the USB2 port.
- Provide stable power to the PC or produce firmware on a laptop with a full battery charge.
- For Recovery, you should use the FlashTool program.
- Root can be obtained through vRoot or MtkDroidTools programs.
- ROOT can still be done using the Superuser application.
- Smartphone firmware can also be done using TWRP and CWM programs.
- All these applications must be downloaded in advance.
How to flash a smartphone with the FlashTool program
The firmware of Chinese smartphones is carried out through FlashTool3 or FlashTool5 applications.
- First of all, you should run the FlashTool application.
- Then select the appropriate scatter file. To do this, click on the Scatter-loading button and select a file in txt format, which is located in the firmware folder. Nuance: the processor version is indicated in the file name.
- Then, in the setup menu, select DA DL All with Checksum.
- On the Download tab, select Firmware Upgrade or Download Only.
- To start the firmware, click on the appropriate button.
- Remove the battery (pull it out and put it back in).
- Without turning on the device, connect the smartphone to the cable.
- The firmware process should start automatically.
- The firmware progress will be displayed in the status bar.
- After the firmware is completed, the corresponding information window will appear.
- Now you can disconnect the smartphone from the cable and turn it on for the first time.
Normally, the first download will take a little longer than usual. After Android starts, you will need to make the initial setup. Some modified firmware may cause malfunctions.
For example, the sensor may not work correctly or the smartphone will reboot. Then the firmware procedure should be repeated. It is better to choose the original firmware version from the manufacturer.