The Acer fan can run at different speeds. As a rule, the rotation speed is adjusted automatically. But under certain circumstances, you may need to configure. Let’s look at some simple ways to configure the Acer cooling system.
First of all, Acer Aspire fans can be configured programmatically or manually via the BIOS. For example, you can download a program to adjust the parameters and set the rotation speed. Or specify the rotation speed in the BIOS settings.
Acer fan – purpose
First of all, the Acer laptop fan is used to cool the central processing unit (CPU). This prevents the laptop from overheating. Each CPU fan has a certain speed.
The fan speed of the Acer laptop is measured in RPM (revolutions per minute). This parameter is initially set by the manufacturer. At the same time, the best cooling rate is achieved. However, in some situations, the speed has to be changed.
Windows System Cooling Policy
This policy allows a cooling method for your Windows computer. Two cooling methods are available:
- Passive setting. Helps to make the fan quieter with constant operation. For example, when a fan is noisy on an Acer laptop. It is carried out by slowing down the processor before increasing the fan speed of the Acer Nitro 5 laptop and others.
- Active setup. In this case, the best performance is provided. By increasing the fan speed of the Acer laptop to slow down the processor.
By the way, if the Acer Nitro fan is noisy, then you can use these settings. You can do the same with the Acer Aspire 7 fan and other Acer laptops.
How to set up an Acer Aspire laptop fan?
Let’s consider the first way of setting up through a cooling policy. To do this, perform the following actions:
- Open the Start menu and go to the Control Panel;
- Select Equipment and sound, and then Power Supply;
- Go to Change Plan Settings;
- Next in Change Additional Power Settings;
- On the Advanced Settings tab, click the plus icon in the Processor Power Management section;
- In the System Cooling Policy section, select Active and click OK.
That’s all! If this option did not help, then for Acer, fan control can be carried out through the BIOS. Consider the following method.
How to log into the BIOS on an Acer laptop?
If you do not know how to open the BIOS on an Acer laptop, then use the following algorithm:
- Turn on or restart the Acer laptop;
- Without waiting for the screen saver, press one of the keys – F12, F10, F2 or Del. The choice of the key depends on the manufacturer of the motherboard of the Acer laptop.
- Pressing one of these keys opens access to the BIOS;
- Use the arrow keys to navigate to the Monitor or Status option. The mouse in the BIOS does not work;
- Open the Fan Speed Control;
- Next, Configure the fan control.
Now you can select from the list the fan whose speed you want to change. It remains only to select the speed parameter and save the settings.
Software control of the Acer laptop fan
Note that the manufacturer offers its own software for setting parameters. The software helps to control the rotation speed of Acer laptop fans in a Windows environment. However, the effectiveness is limited by the BIOS firmware.
Firstly, you can use NitroSense to control the speed of the Acer Nitro fan. NitroSense software allows you to check the temperature of the processor and GPU.
And you can also adjust the fan speed and power plan parameters. To control the fan speed in the Acer Aspire 7 laptop, you can use Acer Quick Access.
First of all, it is a software tool developed by Acer. Which allows you to control various parameters. For example, such as the fan speed of a laptop, from a Windows environment.
How to set up a constantly running Acer fan?
First of all, you need to go to the BIOS. It is written above about how to enter the BIOS on an Acer laptop. In the BIOS, select the Fan Settings, and then disable the Smart Fan option. This will make the Acer fan run at full speed all the time.
To reduce the speed, you need to lower the voltage. To do this, the CPU Fan Voltage setting is used. It remains only to save the settings and restart the laptop. After this procedure, the fan will work constantly.
The fan speed is usually set using the Smart Fan Control function. The function automatically adjusts the fan speed depending on the processor temperature.
This reduces the noise of the Acer fan, but increases the likelihood of overheating. By far, the most reliable way to control the speed of the fan is to configure it in the BIOS. Software, for example, SpeedFan, have limitations set by the BIOS firmware.